Festival launches Fall for Giving grant program
Local charities receiving event proceeds from BB&T Fall for Greenville included:
- Aloft Greenville on behalf of Let’em Live Upstate
- AMIkids Piedmont, Inc.
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 260
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 266
- Furman University: Heller Service Corps
- Girl Scouts of SC Mountains to Midlands, Troop 1763
- Greenville Chinese Cultural Association
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- Neighborhood Focus
- Newcomers of Greater Greenville on behalf of Ronald McDonald House
- Red Shoe Society on behalf of Ronald McDonald House
- Resurgent Capital Services on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing on behalf of March of Dimes
- Vocal Matrix Chorus
“It is a privilege for Greenville Technical College to once again support Fall for Greenville as its volunteer sponsor,” said Kelley Roark, Director of Programmatic PR and Customer Engagement Manager for Greenville Technical College. “As the community’s two-year college, we are proud to be part of a festival that gives visitors the chance to experience our exceptional city while supporting local nonprofits and charities – creating opportunities for our neighbors and friends long after the event is over.”
New this year, the festival expanded its community giving to include a new grant program initiative called Fall for Giving. The program will disperse grants ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 to nonprofit organizations involved in the areas of culinary and food, cultural diversity, family and music.
“As part of its mission, BB&T Fall for Greenville is committed to supporting the local community,” said Justin Pinckney, 2018 Fall for Greenville Board Chair. “The continued success of the festival allows us to give back even more, providing funds to local groups that work hard to strengthen our community.”
Fall for Giving grant applications will be accepted January 16 through February 28. Nonprofit organizations that are interested in applying can visit the festival’s website at www.fallforgreenville.net/grant.
BB&T Fall for Greenville has donated over $600,000 to more than 30 nonprofit organizations over the past 15 years. For more information about the 2018 festival and to download a volunteer application, visit the festival’s website.